While mktool aims to be a universal tool for all androids, it is nearly impossible due to the vast amount of android devices on the market. I have not come across an incompatible device yet. Feel free to let me know in the comments if your device is incompatible.
- Unpack boot.img or boot.lok, recovery.img or recovery.lok
- Repack any .img or .lok that was unpacked with mktool
- loki patch boot.img or recovery.img files for loki compatible devices
Tested on ubuntu 12.04 and up
- Make sure the “mktool” file has execute permissions.
- Place your images in the input folder.
- Execute the mktool file as follows in terminal:
- optional – Use the “Add Desktop Shortcut” option for quick access